A report from Sports Illustrated on Sunday reports former Louisville and Texas head coach Charlie Strong has been hired by the University of South Florida (USF) to replace Willie Taggart who is now the new head coach of the University of Oregon Ducks football program. Strong, 56, was the head coach of the Louisville Cardinals college football program from 2010-2013 and the University of Texas from 2014-2016.Strong was relieved of his duties at the University of Texas on November 26, 2016 since he failed to win enough football games with the Longhorns football program during his three years in Austin Texas. A coaching record of 16-21 with one bowl game appearance was one reason he was fired after three seasons. Strong had great success coaching the Louisville Cardinals program with a record of 37-15 during his tenure as their head coach taking the Cardinals to a bow game each year.Strong will be the head coach of his third football team in his career. I doubt he will be facing the pressures of coaching the USF Bulls since they are in the The American Conference which is a far cry from coaching in the Big 12 Conference where Texas is one of their members since they started in 1996.News source is SportsIllustrated.com and the image is from Pinterest.com
- San Fransisco 49ers will sign free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer to a two year deal on Thursday.
- San Francisco 49ers could get Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins via trade
- Pittsburgh Steelers showing interest in free agent WR Terrelle Pryor
- The Beauty And The Beast controversy
- Free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson news
Mr WordPress on Hello world!