Former Texas Rangers left handed pitcher Derek Holland who signed a one year $6 million dollar contract with the Chicago White Sox after the conclusion of the 2016 Major League Baseball season. If Holland is able to pitch for the White Sox as effectively as he did during his prime years with the Texas Rangers, the White Sox are likely to return to playoff contention in the 2017 Major League Baseballs season.Holland in the last three baseball seasons with the Texas Rangers baseball team has been sidelined by injuries that cut back his pitching performances.Holland as a free agent chose the Chicago White Sox because he has worked with their pitching coach Don Cooper in the past.One reason Holland decided to pitch for the White Sox is that Geovany Soto who was one of the many catchers that Holland worked with in the past will be working with the has the nickname The Dutch Oven in the 2017 Major League Baseball season.The Rangers decided it was time to let Holland try his hand at free agency at the end of the 2016 Major League Baseball when they turned his option that would have paid him $11 million dollars after eight seasons with the team.News source is ESPN.com and the image is from Pinterest.com
- San Fransisco 49ers will sign free agent quarterback Brian Hoyer to a two year deal on Thursday.
- San Francisco 49ers could get Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins via trade
- Pittsburgh Steelers showing interest in free agent WR Terrelle Pryor
- The Beauty And The Beast controversy
- Free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson news
Mr WordPress on Hello world!